We are Hiring! Seeking Marketing Manager to Cover Maternity Leave Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen to cover the maternity leave of the Marketing Manager for a period up to a year. The successful candidate will be a Marketing Graduate who is organised, enthusiastic and motivated and be able to work both independently and with instruction.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Ampersand.
- Development and execution of successful marketing strategies especially for our food, wine, and consumer goods brands.
- New Product Development - Develop Marketing, PR and sales programs for new product launches. Ensure NPD is supported in market with appropriate levels of activity to ensure best chance of success.
- Point of Sale – Management of Point of Sale stock and allocations. Design & Development of POS & in-house graphic design of innovative & creative communication materials.
- Sales Support - Preparing presentations and briefing documents for the field sales team and head office accounts and any specific customer requests.
- Preparing Quarterly Sales Meetings and Internal Communications - Responsible for delivering relevant and motivational internal communication on current activities in the market.
- Implementation of both Trade and Consumer Promotions from initiation to evaluation.
- Advertising & PR: Advertising in relevant media, maintaining press relationships, writing creative press releases.
- Digital Marketing – Website updates, CMS, Social Media.
- Pitching for new agencies and developing Brand Business Plans.
- Event Management – Co-ordinating Consumer & Trade Fair Exhibitions & Events.
- Managing marketing budgets and ensuring that promotional activity adheres to allocated supplier budgets. Overseeing Advertising & Promotion reclaims.
- Other tasks as required and assigned.
Attributes required :
- Marketing (or Business) Degree to Honours level.
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Proficient computer skills – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, In-design. Extensive knowledge and experience of Photoshop/In design and Word Press would be an advantage.
- Strong team player - Positive attitude with a friendly manner.
- Self-starter - Motivated to do job to the highest standard.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Creative and adaptable.
The appointment will be for the specified purpose to cover Maternity Leave and will be for approximately one year.
Start Date: To be agreed but planned for May/early June 2017.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Sinéad Smith, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ampersand are a nationwide FMCG Sales and Marketing company supplying all retail groups in Ireland. With over 70 years’ experience, we supply directly over 3,000 stores and are a key distributor in the convenience and off-licence sector.
Our product portfolio is sourced from over 40 different suppliers based both in Ireland and in all parts of the world. Our product ranges are in Wine, Confectionery, Food, Cigars, Tobacco Accessories, and Consumer Products. The brands include:-
- Santa Carolina Chilean Wines
- Rioja Vega Spanish Wines
- Swan Tobacco Accessories
- Clipper Lighters
- Love Sweets Confectionery
- Irish Biltong Meat Snacks
- Agio Cigars