Job Specification for the Temporary Contract of Customer Service and Marketing Executive (Maternity Cover)
Ampersand are a nationwide sales and marketing company supplying a full range of fast-moving consumer goods to all the retail groups in Ireland.
With over 70 years’ experience, we supply directly over 3,000 stores and are a key distributor in the convenience and off-licence sector.
Our product portfolio is sourced from over 50 different suppliers based both in Ireland and in all parts of the world.
Our product ranges are in Wine, Confectionery, Food, Cigars, Tobacco accessories and Consumer products.
Some of our brands include:
Cleeve’s Irish Confectionery
Sonas Sweets Confectionery
Santa Carolina Chilean Wines
Rioja Vega Spanish Wines
Swan & OCB Tobacco Accessories
Our website can be accessed at ampersandsales.ie
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the temporary contract of a Customer Service and Marketing Executive.
This will be a full-time role for the period of 9 months and will be based in our offices on the Naas Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22.
The role is varied and a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain great insight and experience in the category of FMCG Sales and Marketing in Ireland.
- The successful person will have experience in dealing with customers on a day-to-day basis.
- Marketing experience either at graduate level or in practice with knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign.
- Flexibility is key and willingness to learn and work across varied divisions within the business.
- The person must be organised, enthusiastic and able to work both independently and with instruction.
Assisting with Website updates, content research and Social Media
Point of Sale
Design & Development of POS & in-house graphic design of innovative & creative communication materials.
Assisting with the preparation for Trade Fair exhibitions & events
Customer Mailouts and Promotions
Assist with promotional mailouts and telesales drives as required
Assist with product samples and packs/mailouts to customers, buyers, press, social media influencers etc
Customer Service and Sales
- Build knowledge of the Ampersand portfolio
- Processing sales orders using Navision systems and actively upselling
- Assist with queries from the field sales team
- Arranging credits and uplifts as required
- Dealing with customers and relevant queries in a timely manner
- Liaising with our deliver partners to ensure key delivery timelines are met
General administrative tasks as required across both Sales and Marketing departments
Attributes required: –
- Strong customer focus with an appreciation of customer needs
- Professional telephone manner and an ability to handle inbound and outbound calls
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Proficient computer skills – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop and In-design.
- Experience of Marketing either at Graduate level or in practice.
- Strong team player - Positive attitude with a friendly manner.
- Self-starter - motivated to do job to the highest standard.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
The appointment will be for the specified purpose to cover Maternity Leave and will be for approximately 9 months.
Start date: To be agreed but planned for April 2021
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com