Job Specification for Commercial Manager
Ampersand are a nationwide FMCG Sales and Marketing company supplying all retail groups in Ireland. With over 70 years’ experience, we supply directly over 3,000 stores and are a key distributor in the convenience and off-licence sector.
Our product portfolio is sourced from over 40 different suppliers based both in Ireland and in all parts of the world. Our product ranges are in Confectionery, Wine, Food, Cigars, Tobacco Accessories and Consumer Products.
Some of our brands include: -
- Cleeve’s Irish Confectionery
- Sonas Sweets
- Santa Carolina Chilean Wines
- Rioja Vega Spanish Wines
- Swan Tobacco Accessories
- Clipper Lighters
- Irish Biltong Meat snacks
- Agio Cigars
We are excited to announce that we are seeking a high calibre FMCG professional to join our expanding team. This role is an exciting opportunity to input into many Commercial areas across the business and put your stamp on it.
Here’s how the Commercial Manager role will make an impact.
Key Responsibilities For This Role Include:
• Key point of contact for our Brand principals whilst maintaining and developing strong relationships. Compile Powerpoint presentations as required for Vendor and Customer meetings.
• Prepare and lead Supplier meetings and presentations both internally/externally and associated outputs.
• Lead the development of data generation and analysis for the commercial organisation to include monthly sales forecasting & ordering across our portfolio whilst establishing optimum working capital solution and ensuring Bond limits are adhered to.
• Freight – ensure most cost effective and efficient freight solution utilised and manage the process end to end.
• Design automated monthly sales reports that aid commercial decision making & insight generation
• Build Customer/Retailer analysis reporting that delivers actionable insights.
• Develop and manage dashboards and performance KPI tracking reports/tools to assist the commercial organisation’s ability to answer business critical questions and enable sound business decisions
• Conduct online surveys as required in collaboration with sales team when requested to support Marketing & Business Development
• Develop cost/benefit and profitability analysis tools to ensure best commercial decisions being made to drive gross margin.
• Lead cost increases, price files, promotional activity & NPD pricing preparation
• Assisting in root cause analysis, investigating any data errors or anomalies and assisting in the implementation of solutions to correct data problems.
• Develop mechanism to ensure knowledge retention, ease of sharing and understanding
• Management responsibility for the Internal Sales Team – including 3 direct reports
• Ensure all Vaping, Tobacco and Food regulations are adhered to
• Manage consumer/product query and complaint process.
The Minimum Qualifications For This Role Are:
• Must possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Master’s Degree would be preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
• A minimum four years’ experience within FMCG and Commercial Management with emphasis on data analysis
• Experience working with Product and Customer Master Data is required turning data into actionable insights across Sales Teams and Brand Performance analytics. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Nav whilst not essential would be advantageous.
• Super User in Microsoft Packages (Excel/PowerBI/PowerPoint) is essential, in particular Excel.
• Good financial understanding of P&L’s and how to maximise return
• Must have excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills, possess strong analytical, interpersonal, planning, problem solving and communication skills.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com